Why Work Here?
We are a state of the art mortgage company that leads the industry in technology, innovation, team values, and application to funding turn times. We are looking for people who can consistently be successful in the mortgage business in any environment.
- Super aggressive payouts (100% commission-based).
- Fund your loan in as little as 7 business days from application.
- Proven tools and resources to gain and retain more Realtor business.
CA DRE Real Estate license and CA state NMLS license required.
Must have a minimum of 2 years of current and/or prior mortgage or real estate experience working in a wholesale lending environment.
BENEFITS OF A DRE-BASED MLO
- Ability to operate as an independent contractor and deduct necessary and ordinary business expenses like advertising, marketing, business mileage, business gifts, meals and entertainment, etc. unlike a W-2 MLO under DBO. More freedom, flexibility, and control over your business.
- Ability to refer residential and commercial real estate leads in all 50 states and usually collect a minimum of 25% referral fee, sometimes up to 50%.
- Ability to legally hold yourself out as a licensed fiduciary and more easily build trust with clients and prospects.
- Be more highly regarded as a real estate wealth advisor and differentiate yourself from the competition with dual, complementary credentials.
- Access to MLS data/analytics and real estate forms if desired.
- We will pay to move you from DBO to DRE. Any costs are reimbursed after first closed transaction.
OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
The role of the Mortgage Loan Originator at this company will be to originate residential real estate mortgage loans. This includes obtaining applications as well as coordinating and assisting in the processing and closing of loans. The Mortgage Loan Originator will develop and maintain existing client relationships as well as identify and pursue potential new customer opportunities.
- Promote loans through public contact and our company
- Develop relationships with new and current Realtors, builders and borrowers to promote continuous business
- Interview and pre-qualify prospective borrowers
- Comply with all disclosure requirements and time frame expectations
- Advise borrowers of lock-in policy and ensure lock requests are completed accurately
- Inform borrowers and related parties of loan product options and parameters, and other requirements needed to close the loan
- Meet and maintain all licensing requirements including continuing education
- Review new loan guidelines, programs, disclosure updates and changes
Sales experience to include the following areas:
- Self-sourced business leads
- Detail-oriented with a strong work ethic
- Demonstrated customer service skills, professionalism and strong integrity
- Basic ability to analyze personal and business financial statements and related documentation
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent math, analytical and time management skills
- Interpersonal and relationship management
- Resourceful: able to translate initiatives into action
- Models high performing levels of performance, motivation and personal integrity aligned with our values.
- 40-60% of daily local travel could be required based on area
- A home work environment may be needed
We are proud to be an EOE. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Please submit your resume here for consideration.
ABOUT: ALG Loans was founded by a team of local entrepreneurs with deep roots in the mortgage and real estate industries. As an expert independent mortgage agency, we are not tied to any one lender in the industry, allowing us to truly act as fiduciaries for the clients we serve, and ensure they end up in the absolute best option for their own personal situation. We seek to run a high-performance mortgage team that benefits our clients, our community, and eventually the world. We value family, spirituality, and giving back to those in need; we have designed our lives and business around this philosophy.